Lakes are not only part of the ocean while it from a major part of the earth’s water cycle, just like the huge Ocean
– The beauty of our country increases from the lakes.
– A wonderful sight to behold.
– Some lakes are such that seeing them doesn’t fill the mind and doesn’t believe that God has created such a beautiful thing.
– They supply the water to the Industrial cities, towns, villages,s, etc., and also provide freshwater that we can drink.
– Reaching water in the field for irrigation has a big role in it, it has made the life of our farmers easy.
– Many fishermen have a source of income from these lakes, which they are able to satisfy their family’s hunger.
– Develop hydroelectric power.
– lakes helping to develop tourism and provides recreation facilities.
– these are the pathway to economic and industrial development.
Different kinds of lakes.
Often people get confused between two lakes and consider both are the same. But these are totally different to each other.
OXBOW LAKE – this river is the shape of a snake when these rivers become very old and the snake shape of them gets depression and separates it become like a lake.
LAGOON LAKE – Shallow body of water separated from a large body of reefs, barrier island, etc.
Different types of lakes in India
FRESHWATER LAKES – These lakes contain water that is not salty, usually in contrast to the sea.
SALTWATER LAKES – these lakes have a higher concentration of salt. They are mostly found in dry places. They are also called hypersaline lakes.
Glacial lake- A glacial lake is a body of water with original from glacier activity they are formed when a glacier erodes the land and then melts, filling the depression created by the glacier.
CREATE LAKES – it’s a crater lake in South Central Oregon in the western United States.
ARTIFICIAL LAKES – As you know from the name itself the lake which was created by the people from. they are also formed through excavating land or with the use of dykes surrounding the water.
Now we first read about famous lakes, got to know the specialties of them, then know about the lake of the states
1. WULAR LAKE – lie 32km from Srinagar it is the largest lake in the Jammu and Kashmir region It Controls the flow of the Jhelum River, which passed through it. It is one of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia. this is also called the Zaine lank the lake and its surrounding extensive marshes have important natural wildlife.
2. Chilika Lake – chilka is the largest brackish water lake in India this lake is situated on the east coast of Orissa chilka lake called a lagoon because it is a shollow body of brackish water separated. it’s home to a wide variety of birds.
3. SAMBHAR SALT LAKE – IT is situated in Rajasthan the lake is usually dry in the months of May, June, and July it produces 196,000 tonnes of clean salt every year. length 35.5km, mean depth:-60cm it is the largest Inland Salt Lake in India
4. Kolleru Lake – The largest freshwater lake in India. It’s situated in Andhrapradesh. It is located between Krishna and Godavari river it acts as a reservoir to control floods.it is an important habitat for migratory birds.it is an important habitat for migratory birds
5. Dhebar Lake – also known as jaisamand lake shear lake is the second-largest artificial lake in Asia. Built by Maharana Jai Singh in 1685, it is located in the Udaipur district of Rajasthan it comprises seven islands and covers an area of 87sq km.
6. Loktak Lake– located 53km from Imphal, is the largest freshwater lake in northern India.it is known for its circular floating swamps, which are called phumdis in the local language. covering an area of 300sq km, the lake is a lifeline for a large number of people.
Dhebar lake(artificial lake)
Govind Ballabh pant Sagar
Victoria Sagar lake