Promenade Beach Puducherry – Entry Fee, Visit Timings
One of the most popular spots in Pondicherry’s beautiful coastal city is Promenade Beach. It stretches for almost 1.5 km and features important landmarks that remind us of past times. Visitors are welcomed to the beach by the statue of Joan of Arc and Dupleix, as well as the statue of Mahatma Ghandi, the old heritage hall, Mahatma Gandhi’s statue, and the lighthouse.
- It is best to visit the Promenade beach in Pondicherry in the morning or late evening, when the traffic is stopped and children are free to roam the streets.
- An old, beautiful building houses a tourist information center. This place has all the information that you need to know about the city. Advertisement
- To ensure a comfortable and safe trip to the beach, make sure you have sunscreen on.
- Make sure to take your camera with you to capture the stunning scenery on the beach.
Things to Do
- Enjoy a 1.5-kilometer-long walk along the beach with your loved ones to create a lasting memory.
- Take a guided tour through the historic halls and statues in the area.
- Enjoy a cup of Joe at one of the many classic cafes right by the beach.
Guides are available to show you the area, but it is not necessary to take a guided tour to visit the beach.
The Best Time to Visit
It is best to visit Pondicherry in the months October-March, when the temperatures are between 20-25 degrees Celsius.
How do you reach?
- The beach can be reached via Beach Road, near the M.G. Road area.
- Interesting facts and trivia about Promenade Beach
- Although the place’s name is Promenade Beach, it is actually a walkway that runs along the coast for people to use. This is not a typical beach.
- Because of the Mahatma Gandhi statue located opposite, the Promenade beach can also be called Mahatma Gandhi Beach.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Sri Gokilamabal Thirumaleshwara Temple
- Jawahar Toy Museum
- Pondicherry Museum
- French War Memorial
- Manakula Vinayagar Koil
- Chunnambar Backwater
- Baker Street
- Surguru Restaurant
- Rendezvous Cafe Restaurant
- La Pasta World
- Selva’s Sea View Restaurant
- The Indian Kaffe Express
- Le Club
- Asian House
- Seagulls Bar and Restaurant
- La Villa Shanti
For all the right reasons, the Promenade Beach has been a popular beach in Pondicherry. This famous tourist spot is a must-see on any trip to Pondicherry. It boasts some of the best restaurants and stunning views. The Promenade is not only a beautiful place to take pictures, but it will leave you with lasting memories.
Beaches in Pondicherry:
- Serenity Beach Pondicherry
- Paradise Beach Pondicherry
- Auroville Beach Pondicherry
- Promenade Beach Pondicherry
Promenade beach resort Pondicherry:
- Le Pondy Beach & Lake Resort
- Accord Puducherry
- The Promenade
- Anandha Inn
- Shenbaga Hotel and Convention Centre
- Hotel Le Royal Park
- Palais de Mahé – Cgh Earth
- Hotel Annamalai International
- The Residency Towers Puducherry
- Hotel Atithi
- Club Mahindra Puducherry